Revised November 22, 2020
TABLE OF CONTENTS (Hyperlinked to content areas):
- Information We May Collect
- Email Addresses
- Browser Level Information
- Mobile Devices
- Pop-up Surveys
- Information Collected by Third Parties
- Use of Information
- Sharing (Disclosure) of Information
- Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
- Opt Out
- Third Party Hosting
- Retention of Information
- Protecting the Privacy of Children
- Questions and How to Contact Us
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT:
This policy applies to information we may collect:
- on the Website or Application(s); and
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website or Application(s).
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or Application(s).
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website or Application(s), including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and Application(s) and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
In general, you may visit some pages of the Website or Application(s) without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit the Website or Application(s), browser type, system type, pages you access on the Site or Application(s) and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous unless they voluntarily tell us who they are.We may use and disclose aggregate information and other non-personally identifiable information for various purposes including but not limited to internal purposes such as to administer, operate, and improve the Website or Application(s) in accordance with applicable law.
Sometimes (such as when you register yourself or your company, purchase or order a product, subscribe to a service, register to receive promotional information, or participate in promotions, comments, surveys) we will ask you to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, company information, shipping/billing addresses, telephone number, email address, credit or debit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, or other personal information.If you do not provide this information it may limit the features that you are able to access through our Website or Application(s). We also may maintain a record of online transactions through the Website or Application(s).Please note that in order to fulfill your requests/orders we share your payment information with our payment processor.
We know that privacy is of the utmost importance. We vigorously believe in keeping confidential any and all personally identifiable information that identifies an individual whether or not it relates to an individual’s past, present, or future physical or mental health condition in accordance with applicable law.
If you provide us your email address, from time to time we may send you emails that we believe will interest you. If you do not wish to receive emails, please indicate when you give us your email address that you’d prefer not to receive such information. If you provide us with your email address, we may also use your email address to answer any email you send us, or to follow up on your visit.
Browser Level Information
Our server automatically collects your IP address when you request pages from our server. An IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data (such as the webpages you request) can be sent to you. Your IP address does not tell us who you are. We also collect information on the operating system you’re running on your computer and the web browser software you are using to access our Website or Application(s) so we can optimize our Website or Application(s) for the most popular operating systems and web browsers. Additionally, because we like to know how you found our Website or Application(s), we keep track of your IP address.
We may collect and process information about your use of our services, such as the Website or Application(s)pages you visit, the website you came from and some of the searches you perform. Such information is used by us to help improve the contents of the Website or Application(s) and our services and to compile aggregate statistics about individuals using our Website or Application(s) and services for internal, market research purposes. In doing this, we may install “cookies” that collect the domain name of the user, your Internet service provider, your operating system, and the date and time of access. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer or other device. Cookies do not damage your device. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you do not accept cookies you may not be able to use all functionality of your browser software or this Website or Application(s). We may obtain the services of outside parties to assist us in collecting and processing information collected through cookies.
We may also use Internet tags (also known as action tags, web beacons, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies through our services and may deploy these tags/cookies through a third party advertising partner or a web analytical service partner which may be located and store the respective information (including your IP address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies may be placed both on online advertisements that bring users to the Website or Application(s)and on different pages of the Website or Application(s). We use this technology to measure the visitors’ responses to the Website or Application(s) and our services and the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted) as well as to evaluate your use of our services. The third party partner or the web analytical service partner may be able to collect data about visitors to the Website or Application(s) and other sites because of these Internet tags/cookies, may compose reports regarding the Website or Application(s) activity for us and may provide further services which are related to the use of the Website or Application(s) and the Internet. They may provide such information to other parties if there is a legal requirement that they do so, or if they hire the other parties to process information on their behalf.
When you download or use Website features or Application(s) created by us, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
The Website orApplication(s) also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The Website or Application(s) do not presently employ pop-up ads.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Use of Information
THIS SECTION IS A SUMMARY OF OUR NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES, WHICH DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Our pledge to protect your privacy: Care on Location, PC ( “Care on Location”, “Company”, “Practice”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your medical information. Your care and treatment is recorded in a medical record. So that we can best meet your medical needs, we share your medical record with the providers involved in your care. We share your information only to the extent necessary to collect payment for the services we provide, to conduct our business operations, and to comply with the laws that govern health care. We will not use or disclose your information for any other purpose without your permission.
You have the right to:
- To request to inspect and get a copy of your medical record, subject to certain limited exceptions;
- To request to correct or add an addendum to your medical record;
- To request that we communicate with you in a certain way and/or at a certain location;
- To request of us to limit the information we share;
- To request a list of those with whom we have shared your information;
- To request a copy of the full version of our Notice of Privacy Practices;
- To choose someone to act on your behalf; and
- To file a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
We may use and disclose medical information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with medical treatment and services;
- To bill and receive payment for the treatment services you receive;
- For functions necessary to run Care on Location and sure that our patients receive quality care;
- To provide basic contact information for the purposes of fundraising for Care on Location;
- To help with public health and safety issues;
- To do research
- To comply with the law
- To respond to organ and tissue donation requests
- To work with a medical examiner or funeral director;
- For workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests; and
- To respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We may use your contact and collected website information for the following purposes:
- to improve our services (for example, quality assurance);
- to notify you of Website or Application(s) and service updates;
- to market and promote our Website or Application(s) and services to you;
- to create de-identified information relating to your use of our Website or Application(s) and services;
- for any other purpose for which you give us authorization; and
- as otherwise provided for by law
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We must follow the privacy practices described in this notice and give you access to a copy of it.
- We will let you know if a breach occurs that may have compromised you health information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Generally, the information we collect from our visitors is stored in databases we control. Physical access to the servers on which we store visitor information is restricted. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Information you submit through use of your own email program may not be secure. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.Additionally, please note that most web browsers allow use of an SSL connection. If your browser does not support use of an SSL connection, or if you prefer not to send your personal information over the Internet, please consider either using a browser that does allow SSL connections or not using our services as we cannot guarantee a secure connection.
In addition, we urge you to take precautionary measures in maintaining the integrity of your data. Please be responsible in making sure no one can see or has access to your personal account and log-in/password information. If you use a public computer, e.g., at a library or a university, always remember to log out.
Use of our Website, Application(s), or our services through your any computer network such use is at your own risk. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check beforehand on your employer’s or such other site’s privacy and security policy with respect to Internet use. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Application(s).
We are not responsible for your handling, sharing, re-sharing and/or distribution of your personally identifiable or health information. Moreover, if you forward personally identifiable or health information electronically to another person on or off the Website or Application(s), we are not responsible for any harm or other consequences from third party use or re-sharing of your information.
Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
If you are accessing the website from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. BY DOING BUSINESS OR INTERACTING WITH THE CARE ON LOCATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO FACILITIES LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER FACILITY LOCATIONS SELECTED BY CARE ON LOCATION.
Credit and debit card may be stored through a third party provider. As Care on Location does not have control over this third party provider, it cannot ensure or warrant the security of any credit or debit card information provided on the Website and you transmit credit or debit card information to us at your own risk.
You may “opt out” of having your personal information shared for purposes of receiving product offers and from receiving product offers directly from us.
Third Party Hosting
Care on Location may contract with a third party to maintain and host the Website or Application(s).Therefore, any information you submit, including personal information, will be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third party host.The third party has agreed to implement technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use.
Retention of Information
The information submitted through the Website or Application(s) is retained in accordance with state and/or and federal laws, and document retention policies of this Care on Location.
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Care on Location does not market to or employ children. Children must have permission and supervision at all times from their parent or legal guardian before using this Website, including sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet. If you’re under 18, please don’t provide any personally identifying information during your visit to careonlocation.com or on the Application(s).
Questions and How to Contact Us